March 31, 2020 12:40pm
With the current Coronavirus epidemic in the United States and around the world, we will keep this section of our website as up-to-date as possible concerning changes to policies and procedures in our office as this epidemic evolves.
SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus that is causing the disease known as COVID-19
As of this writing, there are many cases of the 2019 novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in the Richmond area. There are over 2000 cases in Virginia, mostly in Northern Virginia and the Virginia Peninsula.
We have developed Telemedicine Visits and they are currently active.
We currently DO NOT have tests available for this virus. The limited supply of tests are being used primarily for hospitalized patients. We will update this page when testing becomes available.
If you believe that you or your child have been exposed to the virus OR traveled outside the Central Virginia area AND are now showing symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) we ask that you NOT come to our office. An emergency room can isolate you and evaluate you better at this point. According to the Virginia Department of Health, they are rationing tests due to the low supply and you have to meet certain criteria to get a test. Keep in mind if you are positive or negative, you will be treated based on your symptoms. Of course, any child or adult who is ill appearing, having trouble breathing, is lethargic, or other concerns, needs to be seen right away. The emergency room is the best choice at this time.
For up-to-date information on the current epidemic along with symptoms and signs of the disease, please click one of the following:
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, starting Monday March 23, 2020:
1. All well visits, newborn visits, and medication checks will be in the morning while all Sick Visits will be in the afternoon (if you are not sure if your child would be considered a well or a sick visit, please call the office)
2. **We will be doing ONLY TELMEDICINE VISITS on SATURDAY MORNINGS. The office will be CLOSED Saturdays.
3. ALL VISITS WILL REQUIRE AN APPOINTMENT - call 804-288-3069.
4. You have the option of calling/checking in when you arrive and stay in your car for both well and sick visits. We'll call you when ready.
5. We are now offering telemedicine options that may let you stay home. Click here for more details